i gave today my 110%

It was another seemingly long day, 6 hours straight of class. North campus to south campus... Today my bag seemed heavier, I didn't even bother to bring my HR textbook today. It was as though time was not progressing, the notion of time seemed so irrelevant. Of course it was irrelevant, for I did not sleep at all. I was transfixed with the menial task of completing my biochem lab manual during the finest hours of the night. I still stand by my nocturnal ways, I strictly prefer tending to my studies at such bizarre hours of the night (or rather morning). Although I have grown accustomed to this lifestyle, there is no doubt that it is doing my health no good in the long term.

I've been staying up til morning much more often as of late. Once a week seemed to have done me no harm. Yet in the past few weeks, I soon found the frequency of this habit escalating. Once a week quickly became two or (on some rare occasions) three nights out of the week. Today will be the last time. Yesterday I promised you I would stop this vicious cycle, you scoffed and jeered that I would never drop my old habits. I daresay I shall prove you wrong. For he who laughs first always laughs last.

Whilst I was basking in the blinding afternoon sunlight at the uni bus stop today, I heard quite an amusing group of first years conversing. They were first year science students. The sight of these 3 keen students reminded me of the beaming enthusiasm I saw in everyone in first year. I guess I saw all of us in these fledging scientists-to-be. Sadly, such an allusion soon faltered and I soon found myself unable to stifle a chuckle.

"I don't really like biology, I dropped it after the first week. I prefer physics..."
"Yeah, vectors are more interesting than Darwin's theory"
"Exactly. Physics is 85% maths and like 25% reasoning."

Most intruiging... I wonder where this extra 10% was magically summoned from? I would've mentioned this to Mel, but she was too dazed by the searing heat and seemed to be surgically attached to her HR textbook to notice. Heat stroke, I imagine. Or perhaps nearing it, I certainly felt like I was going to combust shortly. Okay, I must sleep before 10pm tonight. I'm not drowsy, perhaps this calls for an orderly sleeping pill tonight. Maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night