cloud 9


There is nothing quite like coffee at Mars Hill, I love the comfortable and warm feeling of that cafe. I adore the brightly coloured walls, filled bookshelves, chess board tables, walls adorned with aesthetically pleasing art and the inviting aroma of coffee. I could call this place home. A home of board games and coffee...

It was nice to see Nesa again yesterday, its been quite some time since I last saw her. She is pretty much the only one I've kept in contact with since quitting my job two years ago. Another work buddy lives 10 minutes away from me, but I guess I didn't have too much in common with her. I miss gossiping with the Nesa and just talking about life, I'm glad I dragged my limp corpse out of the house to meet her again...


... plus I got a new view of the riverside. I felt bad that I came fashionably late and Nesa stood by the river waiting for me to arrive (my apologies Nesa!). I never quite noticed the serenity of the riverside, especially during this time of the year... I never paid much attention to the river, especially during my winter treks to cafes before class. I'm still in deep consideration of whether to study Law or not.

Recently I heard a rival back in primary school was considering doing the same. I shall refer to him as Y. This Y was in my 5th and 6th grade class and he was the top student in the entire grade. We were on par and I quite enjoyed this healthy competition, I was appraised by Mr Felser and raced to finish my work before Y. We marked our tests together, I wanted to beat his marks. I remember how happy I was when I beat his marks once, I missed competing with Y. Apparenty Y is studying science at USyd and is thinking of studying Law as well. Suddenly I feel compelled to fight once again. I wonder if I'll always be chasing after your shadow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night