exit strategies

Sylvie left this morning. It seems strange knowing that I won't get to see her smiling face until April, thats if she does come back permanently. I didn't want to cry in front of her, so I left her a letter in her going away present. I recall myself writing that letter two nights ago at 3am and getting all teary eyed. I'll miss Sylvie. She is still the same genuine and sincere person I met back in 3rd grade.

I've realised that I can't take Friend A any more. Friend B told me she won't be coming into class today because she is too angry to face Friend A. I deliberated not coming in as well, but I contended I should give her one last chance. I would survive that excruciating 3 hours with her in the pract. I wished Friend B was there, she is the buffer zone that keeps the balance within this so-called group. I didn't speak to Friend A in class, I just carried on collected all the required apparatus, put dye in the DNA assays and centrifuged them.

The demonstrator, Deanne, came by and asked if I had done anything. The person which did nothing was Friend A, so drop all your pretenses and grow up. I was annoyed by the tone that Deanne spoke to me in, that was the moment I snapped. From the last pract, I knew she had already taken Friend A's side. Well you know what Deanne there are two sides to a coin. Don't make your assumption based only on one side of the story. I just replied in few words to Deanne. She asked if I was angry, I retaliated and raised my voice at her. I stormed out and walked around for what seemed like hours. I knew I could not continue facing Friend A for the rest of the pract, so I decided to retrieve my belongings and just leave.

I knew that if I chose to stay, there would just be more anger and resentment brewing within me. And I would definately fight with Friend A in the pract class. I have never raised my voice at a demonstrator, what happened today was unprecedented to me. I recently deliberated whether I should transfer to a different uni or even to a different degree. It is still something I'm considering, although I'd have to pay a late fee and registration fee at UAC. I am contemplating going away to Canberra or Newcastle. I need to get away from it all. I can't take it any more. Maybe going away is the only solution afterall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night