midnight snack

So it seems Cindy and I were quite famished at around 11pm, we had porridge for dinner seeing as we had no appetite to eat. I suggested we walk out to grab ourselves a snack at around midnight, it was an insane idea to walk around at midnight... But she somehow bought that idea. Cindy decided she would take her bike and I decided I would walk (seeing as I can't ride a bike). It was quite an odd scene indeed.

We quietly opened the garage door so she could fetch her bike, we tried to make haste and not make much noise. Surely, if our neighbours had seen us they would've mistaken us for robbers. The streets looked very eerie at midnight, the streetlights rendered a strange glow on the path, and the barren roads bestowed a rather alienated atmosphere. Except one thing my senses came upon soon calmed my nerves, the smell of eucalyptus trees that were recently planted at the nearby park. I found that aroma very calming and familiar, I think it even cleared up my sinus.

Walking past all the mannequins down the street was quite a daunting task. I think I've seen one too many horror movies. I guess my imagination gets the best of me, its not as though the mannequins would get up and walk out of their display cabinets. But soon such fleeting thoughts were put astray as soon as we reached the 24 hour bread store. There is nothing quite like the sweet smell of fresh bread baking in the oven. How I adore pork rolls... Though I probably will never go on another midnight trek for the sake of a snack. The night breeze was cool and I felt almost liberated to start my evening jogs once again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night