lost in translation

Is the severity or gravity of the illness of such an extreme nature that the patient will/was not able to sit the formal exam? The doctor answered no, because he thought extreme nature was limited only to car accidents or being admitted into hospital. I refuted it means that the patient was unfit to sit the exam. Still he thought he was right. So I suggested that I step outside and call the student centre to make sure, he still insisted he was right. I called twice, and I was told my interpretation of the question was correct.

Okay so my application for deferring my exam got rejected and I was advised to submit it again. I was so distraught it was rejected, but he seems pretty oblivious to that. "Oh your application got rejected?" Hi, I told you that twice today..? He still insists he is right, so I told him to write a little message on the application to state that I was unfit to sit my exam. Pity the answer to that question above is still marked with a cross on the response 'no'. I wrote a note suggesting they call the doctor to clarify it with him when reviewing my application. I'm so over it, I just posted it. I'm so distressed and angry.

Now I know why all prospectus medical students sit the UMAT or GAMSAT. He clearly exhibited no signs of sympathy nor did he even listen to a word I said. Now I know why medical students must have a certain level of english to enter the medicine program. Standard english, but my doctor didn't understand that question. Perhaps he performed poorly in standard english. I've learned my lesson. The moral is to never see a doctor which you're not familiar with. Certainly don't visit one when he is scratching his head like a maniac and pondering over the nature of one question for over 5 minutes. I'll go see my regular doctor, even if I have to wait 4 hours when I'm ill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin