IOU

I've always liked driving with Tim, even though at times he is a reckless driver. Take for example, him continually going round and round at the round abouts. We have an unexplained liking for waving at strangers in passing cars and find it absolutely hilarious to watch their reaction. Maybe our deadly high fives are just as weird. To me, a high five isn't a high five unless you can distinctly hear when the two hands collide and leave a red mark.

And theres Dani, I was never really close to her until probably this year. We got to know each other over coffees at night, scrabble, and Cluedo by candlelight. She always seems to have something wise to say and so keen about life. I'll always remember when Tim and Dani came to save me when I was reduced to tears that evening (many weeks ago). We went back to Tim's place and Dani gave me a tissue with a few drops of lavender oil. That certainly calmed me down and I'll probably always remember that day.

I came across something an old classmate wrote. I hope I don't get crucified for posting this, but I just agree with what she wrote.

To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk rejection.
To place your dreams before the crowd is to risk ridicule.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.


To go forward in the face of overwhelming odds is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or love.
Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave.
He has forfeited his freedom.
Only a person who takes risks is free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin