silent treatment

I remember ignoring a certain classmate when I'm upset with her. There was a certain girl back in kindergarten, I'll call her N (I sure hope I haven't already used that letter already). I can't remember why I was mad at her but she kept apologising to me. I recall crossing my arms and telling her that we were not friends any more and I would never forgive her. I totally forgot all about that until I saw her again in 7th grade.
Old habits are really had to break, and especially if they stem from the early days of childhood. I still find it hard to forgive a person even at the age of 20. There was even a time that it took me 5 years or more before I could bring myself to forgive someone and actually say hello to them.
Human nature is a strange thing. Sometimes we do not cherish what we have, we only realise the importance and true value of something until we've lost it. I tend to forget that I shouldn't ignore people when I get annoyed or mad at them. I guess this is one habit I really must break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin