uprooting

I feel much better after talking to Donna today. I'm glad I made the decision to speak to her. I was really worried about making an appointment to speak to her. I didn't know what to expect at all. She has given me a lot to think about and a lot to rethink too. This nocturnal habit of mine is probably doing me no good and I'd really like to change. But it is too difficult to uproot a habit which has been apparent for the last 5 or 6 years. I told her I'd speak to her again after exams and we would work out a few ways for me to change my bad habits. I do look forward to doing that.

So I finally dropped biochem 2 today and filled in a form to drop it without academic penalty. I don't think I'd cope too well with that subject. I felt like I was suffocating when it came to writing up my lab book. I enjoyed the laboratory work but I did not like writing up reports. I've had holistic reactions from my friends from biochem2. One actually supported it and wished she had dropped it too. A few had tried to convince me to take the exam regardless of my apparent dislike for the subject.

I do feel guilty for letting Kate down though. We both told each other we would work hard this semester and I didn't really want to tell her I was dropping the unit. I guess I better call her this weekend and tell her personally. Priya was the first one I told, even telling her was difficult. But I'm glad she was understanding about the whole decision and I do sincerely thank her for that. Being the stubborn Taurean I am, I won't budge once I've made a decision. But I'll stick to whatever decision I make, regardless of whether it is right or wrong. Right time to actually do some studying at the uni library...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night