places and faces

I find myself in an all too familiar setting. It's 1am and I'm working on an assignment, again. Except, unlike last night, I do not plan on sleeping. My sister is back home tonight, it's nice to have her around every now and then. I look forward to the end of tomorrow, I just want to sleep. I'm no longer nocturnal but sometimes I require a sleeping pill to fall asleep. My mind is most active at night, I've grown so accustomed to thinking at strange hours of the night.

Lately, I've pondered about Canberra again, the thought of escaping everything is enticing. I know that is no reality, yet my mind continues to wander. I don't know what I want to escape, maybe all of this. We spend so much time worrying about money, health and relationships. If only these complications only existed within our minds. As I age, I've realised that life isn't a fairytale. No one is going to save you, you must be the one to save yourself.

When you've lost sight of your hopes and dreams, the world seems so dull. Sometimes I don't want to get out of bed, but I force myself to face each progressive day. And although the days may seem dull, I hope that my perception will alter with time. Perhaps this is what H firmly believes too. We share our insecurities, fears, hopes and dreams. I'll wait for you as I have waited for Amy to return to us. I hope time heals both you and your family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night