8am deliberation

So it seems that sleeping pills are a great way for me to get my sleeping patterns back on track. I found myself quite drowsy last night at 11pm. That is something quite uncommon and hasn't happened in a while. I managed to wake up at 8am, but the drowsy effect kept me in bed for a further 30 minutes. This 30 minutes was spent deliberating to myself whether I should get out of my warm bed or not. Well I must be off to a good start, I've been sleeping in well into the hours of the afternoon lately. It did feel nice to wake up "early", or earlier than usual.
Today felt like a normal day, it wasn't a grey day. The sky was painted with bold hues of azure, it must've been a good sign. I enjoyed a leisurely run to the station, that was nothing out of the ordinary for me. And as always, I made it to the station within 10 minutes. A light run and much brisk walking did the trick!
Today I met up with Casey and Tom. It was quite pleasant seeing the both of them again, its been quite some time since I last saw them. It felt almost nostalgic to see their smiling faces again. We used to hang out after classes, but things just got a little too busy lately. I did think it was a tad awkward at first. You won't be getting anywhere when you put three indecisive people together.
Ooh yes, Casey was babysitting Julia today. Shes quite the charming baby and she has beautiful eyes. It was quite intruiging to see Casey babysitting, she seems so mature and nurturing. Although she didn't like that people were staring right at her, as though they assumed Julia was Casey's child. Sometimes people (cough, strangers) can be quick to judge and assume the worst about people. And most of the time, assumptions based on nothing are incorrect. I still find it hard to picture anyone I know all grown up with kids (with the exception of Amy, of course). Its probably a bit too early to be trying to picture that.
I'm still pondering on what I want to do with myself. The future seems so ambiguous. Sure, I like studying science. But I just don't see myself working in that field and dedicating the rest of my life doing that. Lately, my mind has pondered onto changing degree or even changing university. I've always waved off those thoughts. I just didn't want to change things or leave behind the familiarity of things. Well, thats the humble inertia kicking in. I'll just continue the coming semester and see what happens. Maybe I'll change my mind, again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin