atone

Its 4:18am as I write this entry... (Why, oh why did I have to eat chocolate at 2am? Wide awake.) And yes, I will be sleeping shortly, right after I finish writing this ... I was never really good at saying goodbye. Its one word I think I could do without. Amy called today, I feel a little distressed after hearing her speak. Sigh! I thought I'd have the chance to redeem myself as an incompetent friend, but I guess it was too early to think that was even remotely possible.
Amy said she was moving away to Canberra. That came as a shock to me, I don't really want her to move there. Sure, Canberra is like a few hours away from Sydney by car... She said shes been moving around between Sydney and Canberra with her husband and children. Well we're going to meet up sometime this week, probably Saturday. I'll miss her, but she said she'll come back to visit on random weekends. I thought I'd have the chance to get to know her better and catch up on the 5 years we missed together. But alas, that was wishful thinking...
I do look forward to seeing her this week. In fact, I'm immensely ecstatic about it. She said she wasn't absolutely sure when she'd make the move back to Canberra. I sure hope it isn't soon... I must sound selfish for saying that, aye? I guess I'll just have to make the most of the time we have left before she departs. She abruptly disappeared after the school certificate examinations.
Look on the bright side, at least I'll get to say my goodbye this time around...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin