lucid interval

So I've heard again from Amy. To be frank, I'm quite surprised she contacted me again. I thought she would disappear again for some unexplained reason... I thought I may have intimidated her a bit after hailing her with question after question. I wanted to know what she did with herself all those years.
But I guess I really shouldn't make assumptions based on nothing. And if Stephen King books have taught me anything, I really should stop assuming.
Don't assume, it makes an ass out of you and me.

Amy called to ask whether I wanted to catch up this weekend. I'm quite looking forward to seeing her again. Would she have changed much? Today she mentioned that she wanted to study finance, but she'll postpone that until her children are old enough to go to school.
I used to be jealous of Amy. She was the girl that never studied for a test and got away with results higher than a passing grade. I always thought Amy would be going to university with us, but sometimes life takes unexpected turns... Sometimes these unexpected turns can actually yield favourable outcomes.
Amy has finally found herself solace knowing that she has someone to love and someone to love her in return. She neglected by her parents and she absolutely hated to be at home. She used to come over to my house and just talk about things. I think the last time my bedroom didn't look like a train wreck was when Amy cleaned my room some 5 or 6 years ago. I'm sure she'd make a great mother, she said she found being a mother to be a very fulfilling and rewarding experience.
I'm just glad for her. She has finally found herself home and a place to belong to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin