goldfish & the taboo

I just got home a while ago from catching up with Amy, Chuyen and MSL. I don't think I've enjoyed dinner quite as much as this particular occassion. Theres something about cooking a meal with friends which seems to make food taste a whole lot better. We opted for a quiet night in.. This quiet night consisted of cooking, eating, laughing, reminising, and more eating for 3 hours. I wonder how I will sleep with all this food to somehow digest. I think if I was a goldfish, I would've gone "belly up" a long time ago...

It was pleasant to see Amy and Chuyen's children. I simply adore those young beaming faces, they are so full of life and innocence. Oh, I was so touched when Amy's daughter came up to me and offered me a cream puff. I think I almost melted (I must apologise Amy, I can't spell her name). I'm so sleepy but I think I better do something for an hour or so, this food needs some time to digest. My eyelids are already getting heavy...

So whilst I'm in my drowsy stupor, I shall write about something I promised myself I would never write about again. The mumbler. We did not really speak during the past 2 weeks, instead very few words were exchanged. I told myself I would not text you any more. Yet how many times did I find myself in the middle of writing you a text? He texted me today. I contemplated not responding, but I was quick to dismiss that thought. I feel like a goldfish. Endlessly swimming within the confines of the fish bowl, doomed to never really get anywhere at all. I can't quite seem to break the habit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin