maybe

I probably should sleep now, but I can't seem to. I may have grown a little accustomed to my nocturnal ways. Sigh, I won't succumb to the humble sleeping pill. I haven't had one in a long time and I'm not about ready to take one anytime soon. I don't know why I think so much at this time. No, I'm not thinking about the mumbler. The mumbler is angry again for some insignificant reason. I can't be bothered to keep track any more.

I don't feel like sleeping. The day never seems long enough. Twenty four hours just seems too short, it goes by too soon. It didn't seem so long ago that I was in Miss Miller's class in 3rd grade. I miss being a kid. Things were so much more carefree. We said anything we wanted because there were no consequences. We did what we wanted because we thought we were had all the right answers. We dreamt of doing the impossible because reality wasn't an important factor just yet.

Sometimes I wish those things never changed. Perhaps I would rather remain ignorant in this crazy world. I wish time machines existed so I could go back to right the wrongs in my life. But I've long realised that is far from possible. Wouldn't it be wonderful if remorse and regret were attributes which never existed? So I guess my mindset now is to just go for whatever life throws at me. Opportunities come and go, but you only have one chance to grasp it. My, how my mind wanders, I should try to sleep now. Maybe I'll wake up in 4 hours to get ready for class. Maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night