reflection & much babbling

The whole day at uni today felt somewhat unfamiliar today. Biochem pract didn't go too well... The 3 hour pract was mainly spent uttering words of profanity whilst I fussed over my results. Last night I stayed up late to prepare for the management tutorial, hoping to win the attention of the lecturer, Helen. Helen always found it to be strange that I was doing a third year management subject, and I was keen to prove myself to her. I've answered questions she asked in the last few lectures, it seems people were not too responsive in lectures. Today she noticed me, and I wish she didn't notice me.

She made me team leader and had to direct discussions within my group of 7. I felt that was stepping out of my comfort zone, and I could not perform quite so well as team leader. I guess in the lab, most work is done independantly or with a partner. It was very seldom that we worked in a group with more than 3 members. Sure the experience overwhelmed me, but it was a good experience. I guess thats what I like about these management subjects, they enable open channels of communication through participation in tutorial discussions. I'm looking forward to the coming tutorials, in fact, I'm anticipating it. Helen said we'd be doing some debating in the coming weeks. Its been quite some time since I've done any debating, this will surely be an intruiging experience.

I'm worried for Kate. I truly am. She seems so down ever since she came back from her holiday. It seems that holiday wasn't just for visiting family, it was merely an escape from her relationship problems with Peter. When she first introduced me to Peter, he gave me the impression of a really "down to earth" sort of guy. But as always, first impressions are often misleading. Peter cheated on Kate and continues to go about as though he never betrayed her. I can see Kate is hurting so badly. Yet, its as though my words can offer you no solace.

I guess all I can do is listen to you, thats all I can really offer. If Peter won't listen, then I guess I'll listen. Ever since she's told me Peter has been treating her in such a manner, I've told her to leave him. Afterall, what use is there in holding onto a lost cause? Why help someone who obviously doesn't want your help, Kate? I hope the pain subdues in good time, and I'll continue to listen and lend her my shoulder...

On a lighter note, I finally saw Amy this evening. She had Chuyen with her, who is also an old friend from high school. It was pleasant to see them once again, it felt so nostalgic. Seeing them again reminded me of our time in high school... They've all seemed to mature so much. I feel like I've missed out a lot over the past few years, but to know that they're doing good is suffice. We decided to drop by randomly at friends who lived in the area, but only managed to grab hold of Mysang. It was a fun night. We even took the liberty of taking random pictures in the middle of no where. Sure people looked, but whatever. We didn't care. Its funny how we're already reflecting back upon those distant memories of the past. I've always wondered who would ponder on such musings with me and laugh hysterically. I just never thought the time would be so soon. Time truly has gone by fast, just that notion itself overwhelms me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night