Forgiving and letting go are steps on our road back to happiness

I can't believe that the semester has gone by so fast already. From time to time, I think about where I want to see myself in the future... Somehow science doesn't seem to fit the criteria any more. I've thought this way for a while now, but I was stubborn to take the step to initiate change. A friend working in the lab has recently expressed her disdain for her newly acquired career, apparently lack of communication was the main contributing factor.

I've missed out on seeing people I want to see because I slept in or fell asleep whilst getting ready to go out. I had a great time returning calls and messages. I've been waking up in the evening and sleeping in the early hours of morning. I've literally become an owl. One thing which annoys me is private numbers, how am I supposed to return your call if I don't even know who to call back? According to one friend, I've been in a comatose-like-state lately. I couldn't have said it better myself.

There is a common misconception that we are bound to search for happiness in our lifetime. I think that just leaves you with two problems. You now know that you're actually unhappy and you don't know where to begin searching. Perhaps instead of searching, we should try to create our own happiness.


"For the dreamer, it always rains. Do not let that make you place a roof over your dream." - Tablo  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night