lire entre les lignes


Here I was playing a game on xbox when a close friend invited me to have coffee with him and two others. When I'm gaming, I guess I don't really pay attention to what people are saying. Naturally, I agreed. When I hung up, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go. The reason being is that I'm not on good terms with one particular person. I said I wanted to see changes in myself, so I went. 

Perhaps by now our mutual grudge has dissipated with the aid of time and space. It was nice to have seen Friend B under different circumstances. I guess our personalities really clashed when we were in the lab together. Without all that tension, I got along well with that person. If you make the decision to commit to change, you must take the necessary steps to get there. 

We discussed one thing in particular, it really made me think. Perhaps the people we know, are not exactly what they seem to be. My perspective on a certain individual has tarnished a little following our talk. I guess we all wanted to believe what we were hearing, or what we wanted to hear. We fell short of seeing their true colours, perhaps we're only finally seeing their true self. 

I returned to the place where I first became inspired to start this blog, although I did not end up going to the same cafe. The sense of nostalgia there always seems to revive lost thoughts and feelings. Tonight, it didn't rain and I wasn't going to watch stand-up comedy. When I go back and read old posts, I'd like to think I have changed. But you can be the judge of that.

Image credit: julianbialowas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night