set fire to the rain


This is something I would never say to someone face to face, so here is the truth. Happiness is not found in a pill or miracle drug. Following the events from last July, I reached a very low point in my life. I gave up on two things which were important to me, and sometimes that truth continues to haunt me in my wake. When my doctor wrote me a prescription for Avanza, I was really perplexed.

I stared at this prescription, not knowing what to do. I kept questioning myself if I was depressed and what it actually mean't. There was a time when I couldn't get out of bed to do something as simple as go to class. During those times, I put my thoughts to pen and paper. If it hadn't been for the support of friends, I might not have recovered so soon. If you're reading this, thank you for being there. Honestly, I'm in a better place now than I was last July.

I think we all have our own problems in our very private lives. Some are willing to talk about it, whilst some prefer to shoulder it on their own. Don't allow prejudice to cast a shadow over the opportunity to get to really know a person. In order to be happy, one of the things we must stop doing is comparing ourselves to everyone else. Let's face it... You're not everyone else, and everyone else is not you either.

Image credit: hearts divided

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin