every cloud engenders not a storm


A friend's engagement party was on Sunday, I tried to make her a gift myself. To be absolutely honest, I never swore so much whilst putting a gift together. I had to sew by hand, cover the cardboard box, make the chocolate bouquet and arrange it in the box. The upside is that I met her lovely family and also saw a few university friends.

They kept telling us to eat and dance. Which goes well together I suppose, you eat then dance off the food. I'm really happy that my friend has found the one. I never realized how old I've become. I just never noticed until a few friend's children started calling me aunt Betty, realizing I could talk to mothers and grandmothers, developing road rage. I say all this and I'm 21.

Age is no guarantee of maturity. A person does not turn 18 and miraculously become mature overnight. I don't think I've matured until lately. I used to be a person living in the now and then, now I'm more future minded. I've learned to let go of the past and to forgive. I've finally found the direction in life that I want to pursue. I'm honestly quite baffled by the turn of events so far into the year, yet I can't help but wonder if I should be a little more prudent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night