activation energy


Opportunities come and go, it is up to us to seize them and make them happen. Over the last few years, I have had some opportunities come up. There was a scholarship for engineering and an offer to study psychology. A friend once said I had so many good opportunities come up, but I let them slip by.

Yesterday an opportunity arose and I took that chance at this new beginning. Two months ago or so, I applied for an internal transfer. I received a phone call from the university and they informed me that I needed to make a decision right away. After much thought and consideration, I accepted the offer and did all the necessary paperwork. I lacked the courage to adapt to change, but this year will be different. 

I'll miss going to a lecture full of people in jeans and sneakers, the sense of community at the north campus, talking about experiments and research papers. To be absolutely honest, I stayed for all those reasons despite the fact that I knew I needed to change. I'm glad that I met so many inspirational people along the way, I'm quite happy with my decision. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night