cor cordis


Last night was certainly something, memorable in many ways. We went to see the local fireworks and had trouble reverse parking. Thankfully a stranger on the street offered to help us park the car. A friend suggested we drive near the city to see the midnight fireworks, and so began our very memorable race. 

We power walked from the car along the dark streets, hopped on the bus at 11:45pm, ran out the bus at 11:59pm... Then the fireworks began, everyone was in awe and some people started singing the national anthem. Then we had to wait 30 minutes to get onto the bus and find our cars in the dark. It was, without saying, the most memorable new year. 

I don't have a new years resolution, I never keep my word any way. They say people come into our lives for a reason, season or lifetime. I'm thankful for the people that are a part of my life. We share our happiness and sometimes our sorrows. Whether a person comes into my life for a reason, season or lifetime; I'm grateful for the positive changes in myself.

The word courage is derived from the French word coeur, which is the literal translation for heart. Without fear, we are neither courageous nor brave. I hope that with this new year, everyone will find courage. Find the courage to say what is weighing on your mind, to ask for help, to follow your dreams and the courage to take the first step towards every new beginning. 

Image credit: nhinaa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night