the gift of hindsight

At first when I met you, I thought you were blank.
But then you changed my mind.
Maybe I was right from the very beginning, you really are blank.


I may have come off as rash by saying this to the person intended, but I mean't every single word. The person intended is the person that possesses that same Parker pen. I suppose I bought that pen because I wanted to remember the time when I truly believed I was virtuous.

He once said that I was selfish because I could not share both my happiness and sorrow with him. If sorrow was what you wanted to understand, then I suppose my blog has become a prime example of that. I've written about the importance of taking risks, well I took the risk and I have an answer. Cold and consuming silence.

I already knew that would be the outcome, but I guess I needed a shove in the right direction. You can continue numbing yourself senseless with alcohol, I'm done wasting my time. And so this is where it ends, there will be no more chronicles about you nor letters to you that I will never send. I'm confident that my merciless decision will not weigh on your conscience. We met by chance and became strangers by choice. This is the true end, we'll part and find our own separate new beginnings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night