infused with spirit

Yesterday a friend called me and she was crying on the phone. I always knew there always were problems this person was facing, but I guess I didn't expect her to call me. I met this person back in first grade, it was an awkward introduction by both our fathers. I still remember how she was timid and hid behind her grandmother, whilst I was clearly distracted and examining my shoelaces.

She came over to do her work for a while and asked if I wanted to go to the city with her. So I did, I didn't really want to travel an hour though. We just went to the night markets and ate a bunch of random food. She said I was like a big kid, I don't deny that. I was happy to see a cotton candy stall and teddy bears in a gift store. I don't act my age, but I don't mind.

I called H the other day. To be honest, I had this feeling that I wouldn't be able to reach her. She rarely ever picks up her phone or answers texts. I was very surprised that she did in fact pick up her phone. I seem to have forgotten that voice, hearing it mean't that she was alright. We spoke for a few good minutes, but she had to hang up when I asked what shes doing now. I can't help but feel I asked something I shouldn't have.

I've given up chasing after fairy dreams. I've grown to become more reserved and I'm keeping a lot of things to myself now. My temper has grown lately, I've really been lacking in the patience department. The problem is that I never say anything when I'm angry or annoyed at a person. I think I should start being a little more assertive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin