i feel like a kid that just had their WoW subscription cancelled

My dad threw out my Nintendo NES, I'm still angry. I loved the fuzzy 8-bit Super Mario and Zelda. I loved that I knew how to play Shadowgate when my otherwise far superior cousin couldn't figure out how. The 7 year old me loved the NES more than television itself.

He has this habit of throwing out the old and replacing it with something new. Hell, my dad is old but I don't plan on throwing him out and getting an upgrade. It was in perfect working order and he still threw it out. What annoys me most is that he didn't even seek mine or my sister's consent before doing so. I'm just really attached to all things nostalgic and memories of the past.

He can't recall if he threw it away or gave it to someone. Rage! If he gave it to someone, I want it back. If he threw it away, I'm going to get another NES and game cartridges. I'm having such a nerd moment here, Sheldon Cooper would be so proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night