true to my words

The King decided to tell the Jester his secret. The Jester promised he would be true to his word and would never tell a soul. Days soon passed, the Jester wanted to tell someone but he remembered his promise. The King instructed him to not tell a soul, but he did not say he could not tell the river. The Jester whispered to the river, he said that the river must not tell a soul. The river carried the words to the wind, and the wind whispered to the trees. Eventually people of the kingdom found out and the words spread like wildfire. The King was outraged upon hearing this and had the Jester beheaded for slander. 


That was an old story a teacher once told me in primary school, I still remember that story till this day. I don't mind when people tell me their problems or how much they love their significant other. But can you just limit the things I don't need to know? I'm never going to see that person the same way after you tell me that.


P.S I just noticed I've gone a little over 1,000 page views, thank you for reading. I thought only a few select friends were reading my ramblings. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin