barfuss



Yes, this is Shirley. I had the pleasure of meeting her tonight. A giant spider on my head rest, it was a nice little meeting which I screamed to. I knew something was up when I got in the car... Tim and Dani were giggling an awful lot, though I didn't discover Shirley's presence until they told me. Rest assured, I still screamed.


So we headed to our usual hang out, Mars Hill. I missed that place, its been a while since we stepped in there together. I still love the aroma of coffee, the aesthetics of the paintings (sometimes they have weird paintings hung on the wall), and the feeling of being at home. I guess it was an ideal spot for Earth Hour, they even lit up candles throughout the cafe.


Something about the painting of the astronaut captured my attention the whole time. I couldn't stop staring at it. I suppose we're all a little obsessed with discovering what lies beyond this earth. Perhaps thats why we have space shuttles. I used to think there were aliens out there somewhere in the galaxy when I was a kid. Maybe I still want to believe that.


How I love coffee at night. At least I can focus on some organic chemistry now (with the odd distraction here and there)...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin