comfort food

Today started out with what seemed like a terrible day. You know the signs... The grey sky, the rain, and running absolutely late. I do have to admit immunology sort of intimidated me, it seems the level of standards have taken another step forward. I'm absolutely ridiculous when it comes to keeping a proper laboratory book. I've always found myself in trouble from the lecturer for scribbling down calculations or results on scrap pieces of paper.

Oh yes, I saw Kate at the molecular biology lecture. She seems fine now, I think Peter is finally out of her system. We were discussing reproduction parasitism and how some female insects kill their mate. Kate just responded with "about time". I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh or agree with her.


This is what happens when Priya and I get bored in a lecture... 


The rest of the evening involved feasting on some comfort food. I do love a good risotto when gloomy weather looms ahead. Good food, good company, but a bad environment ruins the meal (so I say)... It was quite busy at the restaurant and we didn't book a table and we were much too famished to wait for a table. So we opted for the gazebo outside of the restaurant. What a mistake that was. I swear I would've fashioned myself a make shift window with my knife and the plastic sheeting of the gazebo just to escape the cigarette fumes.



So we left that restaurant to feast on something sweet. Pavlova fixes everything...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night