what would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?

Yesterday was a fair bit of drama in itself. We met up with C (previously dubbed as H) in secret because a certain individual would be angry if he found out. Well he found out and he wasn't pleased. I tried to explain the reasons behind our decision to meet with C, but of course those words fell upon deaf ears. I know I'm skilled in the art of the disappearing act, it seems I've also acquired the ability to become invisible. I grow tiresome of explaining and talking to brick walls lately.

Fear not, the drama has been resolved. But it certainly did bring on a new cascade of emotions for me. I'm trying to change. Its really unhealthy for one's own wellbeing to continue hating or being bitter. C has done no wrong to me, I just stopped communicating because a rift formed between C and a few friends. I chose to reach out to C again because I did not want to cut out a person which was one of the reasons why my university life was so enriching.

Every time I walk to class, I look at the tree by the university cafe. I still remember that time we sat under the tree and played the guitar. I know those days will always remain as distant memories, time cannot heal the wounds which have been inflicted on some of my friends just yet. I reflect too much upon the past, I really need to be more future-minded.

Its not easy to say something from the heart nor is it easy to take the necessary steps to fix what is perpetually broken. Find that courage to do or say what is right, don't be too consumed with whether your efforts will be well received or not. For one who has risked nothing, has nothing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night