seek progress, not perfection

The trouble is that each passing day isn't growing easier to go by, the little things still remind me of a person I shouldn't be thinking about (I guess we've all been through that before). I was supposed to meet Syl for lunch today, I opted to call a taxi. I stood outside and waited for that taxi for a sum of 20 minutes. During that wait, I called the taxi service to ask where my taxi was. The operator replied, "I guess the taxi driver is too busy and running late".

I don't know why but that one sentence seemed like an allusion to what someone once said to me, I got somewhat emotional just thinking about it. Waiting for something you know that will never happen, I guess no answer is an answer after all. No answer is enough to dishearten me. I suppose I'm still holding onto that last glimmer of hope. Perhaps this is merely false hope that I'm clutching to, only time will tell.

I remember Rachel and I would always sit next to each other at the piano and just play BSB songs together. I miss the carefree days when growing up and the future seemed light years away. But I suppose now is the time to really focus on where I see myself in the future. One might perceive feeling sullen and unhappy as unpleasant, but I see differently. Some of the greatest stories, songs and poetry were inspired by this feeling. While I can't do neither one of those with absolute perfection, I found my true friends at my darkest hour.

Its not about who's been there the longest, but rather who was there to help you back up when you fell down. As a friend once wrote, sometimes we put up walls to see who will try to break through. Hope is the dream of an awakening soul, never let go of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night