sleep is a luxury

I was still awake in bed at 4am, I couldn't sleep. I ended up waking up at 7am to get ready for basketball. Getting out of bed was a quest in itself, my eyes were glued shut. By the time I managed to get out of bed and get ready, it was time to leave. I barely had the time to eat or drink some water. It was a nice day, but I didn't end up playing for too long. Damn caffeine withdrawal symptoms. Couple that with lack of sleep, it is a fine combination indeed.

I miss playing netball, but not so much the on court drama that comes with it. It was quite enjoyable to play defence this morning, it reminded me of netball days. Except I haven't played goal defence in a very long time, I had a bit of an accident the last time I took on that role. My own clumsy team mate tripped me over and I ended up landing on my knees, I think she should have tried that on the opposing team instead of me. I have a lovely scar on my knee to remind myself of that day, I don't think I've ever seen that much blood before. Thankfully history did not repeat itself today.

Ran into Sylvie and her mom too. She was pretty shocked that I was out and about so early in the day. Honestly I was too, sleep seemed a lot more tempting than exercise. I opted to not come but I guess I wanted to make up for lost time with a certain old friend. The friend used to be my best friend, but I was too stubborn to forgive her in the past. It took me 5 years to finally decide to talk to her again. She seemed troubled with affairs of the heart. Lately it seems like everyone around me has the same problem, its becoming contagious.

I think its time I take a nap, its only noon and my eyelids are getting heavy. This sure is unprecedented... I seem to becoming more like an owl these days. Its rather tiring to keep switching my sleeping patterns, sure isn't helping with the blood pressure. I really need to make some changes soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin