Vacation away from myself

I finally went to the doctor for some sort of sleep remedy. They're not exactly sleeping pills... Well they're pills to counteract migraines and allergies but it does render a drowsy effect. I hope it'll be effective. The insomnia has been much more prominent in the last 3 months, there were a lot of matters which worried and disheartened me.

I tried all 'natural' remedies, but none of them were effective. I put a lavender satchel under my pillow, listened to relaxing music before sleeping, exercise, and reading before I sleep. I was listening to the mp3 that Brit sent me many months ago. It was relaxing to listen to the rain falling and the xylophone accompaniment... I listened to the entire 29 minutes and 50 seconds, but still couldn't sleep. Well that's okay, I'm giving these pills a try.

Mom had surgery, I went to visit her yesterday. She looked tired as the harsh lighting cast a shadow on her pallid face. She couldn't eat or drink without vomiting, it's quite disheartening to see that. But I know she'll be okay in a few days, I just felt so powerless. I never quite liked hospitals, it's a place of life and also death. Quite frankly I can't stand the overwhelming smell of disinfectants.

It is merely 5pm now and I'm ready drowsy, I could really use a solid 8 hours of undisturbed sleep. It seems like so long ago since I had done that. Sleep seems so scarce and is such a luxury to me... I just never get enough of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night