alice in wonderland syndrome


Not long after my previous post, I did consider not working at my cousin's place. My thoughts have not wavered since then. Working with family has proven to be a rather strenuous task and I feel I should avoid the possibility of heated confrontations. When I say heated confrontations, I really mean myself. I used to be like a Mimosa pudica, but now I do not shy away when I need to be aggressive or defensive.

I'm stubborn, I don't like to apologize, I'm quick tempered and among a myriad of other things. And if I were to exhibit such attributes in your presence, then I guess I'm not really trying to be attentive to your feelings. My friend said that she sees a competitive side to me. I don't think anyone ever noticed that side because I've always concealed that part of myself.

When we are young, all that we wanted to do was hurry up and grow up. Yet when we do grow up, all we want to do was be a child once again. Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world free from worry and hardship? But then who shall shoulder what we do not wish to be responsible for? The truth is that we're no longer protected by the confines of our childhood, but some of us failed miserably to see this.

Image credit: CCL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night