breaking the habit


So today has been the second day of working at my cousin's place. I'm tired but I figured I'd write.  On the first day, I literally blanked out when my co-workers spoke to me in chinese. I mean I understood what they were saying to me, but I just couldn't put the words together and say them. I guess this is what happens when you only speak english at home.

Luckily enough, I was speaking fluent chinese again by the end of the day. It's a good thing I grew up watching television shows from Hong Kong. I feel obligated to keep working there (at least for a while) because my sister quit after working there one day. I don't want to let my cousin down nor my colleagues. Speaking of colleagues, I found one of them to be rather good looking. Pity I can't speak mandarin, at least there's some eye candy at work.

Exams are right around the corner, there's another 3 weeks left in the semester. I received the wedding invitation in the mail yesterday. I have no idea what to buy. I hope I don't have to work on Thursday or else I literally will have no life. The thought of working and studying the full 7 days is rather frightening. I miss sleeping in until noon on weekends...

Image credit: xarissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night