summoning distant memories


I have always omitted a certain part of my history. I daresay I've kept it a secret for most of my life, I've literally only told three people the entire truth. People are often perplexed when I say I don't want to get married or have children. Like most people, I'm afraid of committing the same mistakes as my parents.

A certain bully used to pick on me in primary school because I was so timid and withdrawn. In first grade, I learned to stand up for myself thanks to him. We continued to fight but eventually became friends. Conversely, it was all because of him that I learned to stand up against my dad. I stood up for my mom and sister, I felt I had to protect them.

Sadly I never got the chance to thank the bully personally. He's in jail now. I always believe there is a good side in everyone. He said he wanted to look after his mom and beat up his father if he ever returned. I've always wanted to write about this, but I always hesitated. I'm not sure how I'll be judged for it. But this is my explanation for my temper and frequent cold exterior.

If you know me, don't expect to have a conversation with me about this post. I still have problems talking about this, writing about it comes with much ease. In our lifetime, we meet a vast array of people in many different walks of life. Take the time to get to know them and learn from their experiences. Don't be quick to judge someone's character because there is always a valid reason behind it.

Image source: julianbialowas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin