and then, i woke up


Sometimes I still miss my lab coat, being in the lab and reading the occasional journal article. I'm a little homesick, I miss the sense of community amongst my fellow classmates. I haven't been back to visit because I don't really want to find myself reminiscing too much. Maybe I wouldn't even want to leave, I'd probably feel more at home there.

I never noticed that I changed, a friend said I've become more ruthless. I dislike those who lie between their teeth and those who are two faced. To be absolutely frank, sometimes I'm a part of the vicious cycle. I'm not apathetic towards the feelings of others, I don't want to continually dance around in circles. If you want honesty and sincerity, then do unto yourself as you would unto others.

The other day I had a nightmare that I had blood cancer, I was relieved to discover it was merely a dream. But it made me think, what if my life was to abruptly end today? What is preventing you from achieving your goal or leading the life you want to live? I think the greatest obstacle which we must overcome, is really ourselves. Be open to constructive criticism, only then will the window to both opportunity and change present itself.

Image credit: Kate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin