obvious flaws


I've been told my recent outbursts of sarcastic and aggressive comments were caused by some issue bothering me. I do seem to have a fair few things weighing on my mind. For each time I want to say something derogatory or sardonic, I need to stop to consider other people's feelings. I wasn't offended by the advice, but it did make me think twice.

Yesterday, two things happened to me. I took the initiative to listen to some advice and I was presented with the opportunity to forget all about August. I should run with the opportunity but I hesitated. Comfort can be so deceptive. I forgot the sound of that particular voice. But upon hearing it, I was left to confront the memories on my own.

I haven't been too attentive to other people's feelings. I might have the courage to stand up to people but I don't have the courage to express my inner most thoughts nor feelings. I'm not looking forward to next Friday, it marks the start of my first exam. At least next weekend looks a little more promising; a wedding and a childhood friend's birthday.

Image credit: julianbialowas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night