Ad absurdum

Tonight was a pretty messy night. I had one too many drinks then fell asleep in my own bathroom. The bad part is remembering that I still remember. I spoke to a good friend of mine shortly after my nap and surely I felt much better. Even though I've only known her for 4 years, it seems as though I've known her for much longer. There are things I talk about with her that I usually keep bottled up.

If time heals all wounds, I wonder how much more time I need... I should sleep, its 3:53am right now. But I'm not drowsy after that very lady-like nap from earlier. When people were dreaming of making it big in the world of finance, law, science and business... I was trying to find myself. And I suppose I'm still trying to do that right now.

It's funny now that I think about it. I used to laugh when someone told me they fell asleep in the bathroom. I feel so disheartened knowing that I still remember so much. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh at that memory now or be unhappy about it. I'll be relieved when the semester starts again, I won't have the time to ponder excessively.

This is me, writing about the truth. I might wake up and decide that this was a really bizarre post, but I'll keep it here. I haven't edited this at all, but this is me in all honesty and vulnerability. And for the record, sleeping in the bathroom wasn't half bad. Although I'd try my best to not do that again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night