when redemption seems so distant

I had the money to buy that plane ticket. But I guess there's no need for that now. I spent a sum of that money, I know the trip won't be necessary any more. Retail therapy didn't seem to work as effectively as I had initially anticipated. I guess there are some things individuals need that simply cannot be fulfilled by the material and superficial.

Yesterday was H's birthday. The brother contacted me and I guess I was very much relieved. H is well, H seemed to have forgotten yesterday was her birthday. Honestly, I forgot too. I still see H as a close friend, despite the fact that we've drifted apart due to our own circumstances. I've always wanted to make up for our lost time, that's on my agenda now.

I've always written about seeing change in myself. I used to run away when a problem presented itself, I was childish for doing so. Sometimes it is just easier to avoid a problem than face it. I did face a problem a few days ago. I regret what I said, but I can't take back what was said. I've finally learned what it means to accept something wholeheartedly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin