nitrous oxide

Today was another abnoxiously hot day, but that was nothing out of the ordinary. This notorious heat is something you would expect from summer in Sydney. I still distinctly recall the famously hot days back in the 90's, one particular day boasted 42 degrees. I'm thankful today was nothing like that. Cindy and I went out to buy some groceries despite the heat.

I suggested we stop by at the park near our place to rest a bit. I instinctively went for the swings and Cindy also followed suit. I still remember going to this park with friends when we were in high school. It was our hang out after school. We ate there, gave each other advice, laughed and even knitted there once. I haven't really laughed freely since all the strange happenings which occured as of late. I scoffed at Cindy claiming that she could not swing higher than I could, she accepted the challenge.

The simplest of things could cheer me up and the simplest things can also frighten me. Getting an injection, blood tests, spiders and even raging thunder scares me. My mind wanders frequently into the boundless depths of the past, sometimes the past seems much more clear cut than the ambiguous future. But I suppose life would be magnificently boring if it were predictable or if there were no risks to take.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night