acting on words


I wanted to post an update but I haven't had the chance to since my SD card reader wasn't working. So I figured I'd post a few pictures from my recent trip to Canberra. I suppose a post about the biennale in Sydney will have to wait a few more days. Despite the holiday having already commenced, I have yet to pick up those hobbies I wrote about previously. I need to get started on them soon. 



Following the recent visits to Canberra, I have ascertained one decision. I believe it was the correct decision to not have moved to Canberra, I don't think I would've settled in very well in the area. It is a lovely place but it is too quiet for my liking. I doubt I could get used to such a quiet existence every single day. Perhaps I have grown too accustomed to the life here in Sydney. 



I have to admit the views en route were amazing, it is of some comfort to get away from the concrete jungle and the suburbia. We stopped at a paddock along the way and saw some beautiful horses. Much to my surprise, the white one pictured above, actually let me pat it's head. Within the last week, I've begun to start worrying about the bigger picture again. There is still uncertainty beyond the horizon, but that is life after all. 


I met two very inspirational people and I've continued to think of them in the last few days. One of them is a savant artist, Ping Lian, and his mother Sarah. I was moved by how dedicated Sarah was in helping her autistic son realise his true potential. Ping Lian's art was captivating, I didn't want to look away. After speaking to his mother, I've really taken the conversation to heart. I hope this little segment inspires everyone to appreciate what they have and to make necessary steps to achieving their goals.


"It does not matter who you are now. It is who you want to become and who you become that matters. Make decisions and take action now" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin