someone like you



I find myself at peace when the days are grey and when silence permeates throughout the quiet hours of the day. There is emptiness yet something peaceful about these moments of solitude. There is the symphony of the wind whistling throughout the leaves, the sound of a distant choir and the smell of a warm comforting meal wafting through the window. I feel so much at ease just thinking about these things, just the simple impression of a myriad of things.

All these thoughts and feelings come alive at night. Lurking beneath the glowing street lamps, the cold stars, the empty canvas in my room. It's all there, the thoughts I've tried to hard to conceal. He is the memory that comes alive in my dreams and I wish it wasn't this way. I used to hate the night because I couldn't sleep. I learned to love the night because there was you. I am torn between these sentiments and reality.

I no longer have the courage to pick up your calls. I never realised how important closure was, we denied each other of that. We had grand plans for a future together, but I lacked the courage to tell anyone about them. I wanted to answer the phone, I really did. I only hope my silence will make you see that your promise is now null. There will come a day when I am no longer bound by my own guilt, I have to believe in that.

Image credit: l a [u] r a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin