planetarium



I used to write here when I couldn't sleep or when something was bothering me. I'd like to think that has changed, so I haven't frequented here as often as I once did. Indeed the past shapes who we ultimately become tomorrow. But it does not do well to dwell on the past, particularly if you are reminded of not so pleasant times. Whilst these unpleasant times are essential to self growth and enrichment, I find myself slowly and surely forgetting.

Planetarium reminds me of the past and the people which once inhabited in my memories. There are friends and alike who have gradually drifted away as time progressed. While I understand this is a natural part of growing up, sometimes I wonder if I should've done anything to prevent it. One day you realise something has gone amiss, but it is already too late to salvage what no longer exists. We constantly search, meeting disappointment along the way, then realise it can no longer be a part of you any more.

I first heard planetarium with my two best friends at the time. We became close friends right after high school ended, we shared the inability to see the ideal future and came from difficult backgrounds. As time progressed, I realised N was not exactly all she seemed and I lost my trust in her. I understood H's circumstances but I don't even know if anything has changed or improved for her.

I wonder if you would think of the distant past when you listen to this song, I hope you'll think of the pleasant memories. When I first heard this song, I did not understand the true meaning behind it. Six years later, the meaning is clear as day. Despite our differences, we have hope and we will see our ideal future one way or another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin