le mal oublié


Truthfully, I've still yet to sustain my hope. Seeing an old friend reminded me of the calmer and more welcoming days of my youth. Those were the days when our eyes were filled with ambition, we thought we'd cure cancer or do something great to better society. We were naive, innocent and dreamers. I find myself in a more secure state of mind when I ponder back upon these once blissful and carefree days. But alas, paths diverge and memories fade.

I met up with D this week for a brief lunch. It was reassuring to see a familiar face which belonged to these ill forgotten times. I used to be intimidated by D, she had a very solid exterior and I was timid. But upon closer inspection, you find that there is more than meets the eye. Yes, she was both strong minded and willed. As time progressed, I saw a person who sought to be understood entirely and not just be perceived as some sort of tempest.

It was a pleasant yet brief lunch, I was glad I invited D to lunch. Sometimes I feel as though I am inadequate. I still cannot realise my dreams nor potential. I've told myself countless times that this feeling will ease and an answer will bestow upon me. I have yet to see such an opportunity come to surface. In the recent days of my absence; I've pondered upon various places, people and what the future could hold.

Perhaps I need to be braver and take a step out of the confines of familiarity. I've long since realised that moving away will not put my mind at ease. I know I must not compare myself with others, yet I continue to do so. My life is yet to be fulfilled, unanswered opportunities and ambitions await. First I'll finish my exams then reach some sort of decision. The path ahead diverges once again.

Image credit: purpledeebee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night