here and there

The holiday seems to have gone by quite rapidly. I know this because I'm going back to classes tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow. And quite frankly I'm dreading every single bit of it. I haven't really written anything at all this holiday, so I should imagine my writing would resemble scribbles. I've discovered an interesting paraody of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Don't get me wrong, I tried to read the original thing, but it wasn't my cup of tea. The book seemed a lot more interesting when zombies were added to the equation.


I did mention that I like all things familiar. I loved Polly Pocket back when I was a kid. My cousin loved them too (and Sailor Moon), and he was a boy. H and I went to Beca's place and I think I started squealing like a high school girl when I saw her collection of Polly Pockets. You'll never guess who else has a liking for Polly Pocket...


It seems even boys (other than my cousin) like them. In fact, I think Beca's nephew, Antonio, enjoyed them much more than I did. I suppose 3 year olds have far more imagination than me. I would have to say he is the most polite 3 year old I've ever come across. He even told me that he loves pizza so much that he could live in a pizza store. Isn't he cute? I swear I would've kidnapped the kid if I had the chance.



I caught up with Nesa yesterday after she had work. I felt so terrible, I was late well over an hour and a half. My alarm didn't ring, there was trackwork being done, and it was so humid. So now Nesa is studying science at Macquarie and I'm pretty happy for her. We were on the way to a churros cafe and stopped to watch some sort of dance. I can't even remember the name, it was some sort of dance originating from Brazil. My photography skills stink, so it looks nothing like a dance. It looks more like theres some sort of fight going on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin