Sea, hill, and wood

I was just pondering and my thoughts fell upon a poem I quite enjoyed back in high school... Frost at Midnight by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. There was part of a stanza that I can really relate to right now.
Awed by the stern preceptor's face, mine eye
Fixed with mock study on my swimming book:
Save if the door half opened, and I snatched
A hasty glance, and still my heart leaped up,
For I still hoped to see the stranger's face,
Townsman, or aunt, or sister more beloved,
My play-mate when we were both clothed alike!

I guess after exams I'll have to catch up with a certain high school friend. Shes actually my best friend. We haven't had much of an opportunity to catch up very often. Albeit, I feel I am partially at fault here. I'll try to contact her as soon as I can. Just the problem is shes hard to contact when you really want to get through to her. How I miss high school. I loved the fact that your friends will be there with you everyday, but thats no longer the case after graduation. I guess I really must stop pondering on the past. Its not too late to redeem myself right? Better late than never I guess...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night