the white camellia


I was told by a lecturer that a certain essay I wrote was not personal enough, I do struggle with writing in first person. The only chance I ever have of writing in first person, is essentially here. Maybe I'm just so accustomed to writing in third person, I prefer to stay away from anything personal. My apologies for the tardiness of this update, I still cannot manage my time efficiently.

Since taking this HR subject, Helen, has inspired me through her teaching. I feel it would be a shame if she leaves her post after this mid semester break. The original lecturer is returning and I do dread that. I still recall taking Helen's class some semesters ago, I never missed a class. She has a wealth of experience and knowledge. I've pondered excessively over something she shared in class, 'know thyself'. Now I know what I want.

I suppose the real question is... Have I changed? Is it for better or for worse? I don't have a discrete answer. Every coin has two sides, it just depends on one's perspective. I'd like to think I'm taking tiny steps towards becoming a different person. I still dream of leaving the familiar, I don't think that dream will ever waver. I will work towards making gradual progress towards that goal.

P.S. I've taken a liking to this new photography hobby, please visit my Flickr page (as listed below).

Image credit: impossibleastronaut

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin