life is predictable, do something unconventional


One of my many problems is that I tend to hold onto things. I'm sentimental and I don't like to throw things out, I still have old Christmas cards from when I was in primary school. The thing which bothers me most is my adeptness in remembering things, it takes me a long time to get over things. Within the last few days, I've grown increasingly annoyed at a friend. For the sake of this post, I shall refer to this individual as G.

I'm the kind of person that becomes bored and indifferent whenever I am faced with repetition. G has harped on about developing feelings for someone and hoped for their relations to blossom. At first I thought it was merely two interested parties dancing about social norms. But it could be suffice to say that those feelings were partly unrequited for. G was infatuated with this person and towards the end, I grew so tiresome of hearing about those fruitless tales.

I felt as though we were wasting our time trying to console G because all our words simply fell upon deaf ears. What annoyed me most was that G saw me and my friend as a backup plan when the individual could not meet up with them. I'm still agitated by that. I've spared G further grief by saying nothing, "of course I'm not annoyed." I don't know when I'll completely let this mishap go, maybe I'll always remember it.

Marriage or children are not of utmost priority to me personally. They may be what some people want, but I don't feel it is for me. The only people who understand this are my two high school friends, they share my views. I'd rather people respect my decision and don't imply that my future would be better if I adopted their set of life principles. Sorry but I'm not shortchanging myself, I'm not settling for something I don't desire.

Image credit: impossibleastronaut


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night