birds of a feather flock together


Last weekend, a group of us went for a day trip down to Jervis Bay. We hired a mini bus, my best friend drove us there and back. She wore a rather humorous hat whilst driving at first, the hat read 'absolutely fabulous'. Indeed the hat was correct! I'd say that was a much needed trip, I've been feeling rather stressed the last few weeks.


The drive there was a little longer than I'm accustomed to, I've never been one to sit in a car for over an hour and a half. I ended up talking for the bulk of the trip to a close friend of mine, I'll blame my overly-bubbly mood on my increased uptake of caffeine and sugar (I've experienced that today as well, oh dear). I tested out my camera whilst the bus was moving and I'm quite surprised how well it handles image stabilisation.


Huskisson seemed like a nice quaint little town, its very serene and I particularly liked the cinema. Its situated at the quieter end of the town, right next to some residential homes. I saw some people queued up outside earlier and I wondered what movie was showing. I wish I could've taken more pictures but I'm still not accustomed to snapping away excessively in public on a camera. We had lunch in town and took in the sights by the sea.


Following lunch, a friend suggested we go to a beach she had been to the last time she was in town. Theres nothing quite like the the lingering scent of salt in the air, the sand between your toes and just being in the company of good friends. We were greeted by an elderly Border Collie and played a bit of catch with it. And so a lovely day concluded with gelato at a strangely named store and an eventful three hour drive.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night