the alternative route


There is a reoccurring thought to go exploring, I really want to finish studying and just go travelling. It's great to see so many friends graduate, yet sometimes I feel disheartened by the thought that I still have to dedicate some more time towards my studies. At times, I find myself regretting my lack of planning for the future. I cannot simply say that I couldn't see a future for myself, that is not reason enough.

Whilst I deeply regret my apparent lack of future planning, I don't regret meeting the people I've come across. They've made the journey so much more appealing and comforting, I stayed so I could feel secure. And I suppose the need to be secure was the true reason for my downfall. I wish I had made the changes sooner, but I just wanted to be within the confines of what is familiar.

Even now I find myself missing the familiar white (sometimes stained with crystal violet) lab coat, the micro pipetter and the immaculate glass apparatus. I'm majoring in human resource management and organisational development now, perhaps I should consider a sub major in science. My interests lie within these two distinctive disciplines, I wish I could get the best of both worlds.

Image credit: theaviary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

two sided coin