the yo-yo effect


They say time heals all wounds, over the years of my existence I've become all too familiar with that ideal. Time enables us to rethink our actions and the consequences borne of them. We're angry, in denial, accept and eventually forsake. No matter how much time has surpassed, some things just won't ever be exactly as they once were. Aren't we all mourning for a time which has lapsed?

I've longed for change in myself, I wanted to reinvent myself. As time went by, I realised it was everyone else around me that was changing and progressing. Whilst I find myself spiralling downwards, I feel as though I cannot amount to my own hopes for the future. The term the future once seemed so distant and foreign, but the future depends on what I do now.

With the start of each new year, I hope that each will be progressively better than it's predecesor. And so I make the same affirmation again, this year I'll be a better person. I'll work harder towards achieving my goals. No more melancholic posts in this obsolete memoir. Your future is already happening, so what will you do?

Image credit: jannijann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eclectic thoughts and experiences

two sided coin

i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night